Monday Musings #29



Someone like me who dreams and lives for the future often gets overwhelmed by the stark difference between the future me and the current me. My mind is filled with 'what ifs' and 'buts'. 

"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and were I want to be to inspire me and not to terrify me" ~ Tracee Ellis Ros

This quote reminds me that the time it takes to gets us to where we want to be is important. It should inspire and motivate us to be proactive to get to the future. 

We should enjoy and celebrate every step we have already taken on this journey instead of lamenting over the number of steps we still have to take. 

You know what they say, it's the journey, not the destination (hella cheesey I know but hey, it works right?). We become so focused on the end goal that we forget to appreciate things along the way, and I am just as guilty of this as the next person. 

The most valuable lessons are the ones we learn on the way and when I change my mindset to see 'stumbling blocks' as stepping stones, I tend to get over these blips a whole lot quicker. 

I find that if I don't stop, the days just end up rushing past me and before I know it, a whole day, month, year has gone. So run with the days, take each one as they come and enjoy the ride!

-

Today's Musings was inspired by a quote suggested by the lovely Talia from @sundayessentials - check out her instagram for warm tones and festivity!

If you have a favourite quote, let me know and you could be featured in a future #mondaymusings :)


Comments

Popular Posts